Saturday, February 18, 2006

Updates

Well, its sleeting here in central North Cackalacky, so I may not run outside today. I'm a little bummed about missing the morning swim workout with the tri-club. After a really great workout (10 x 200 or something like that) they pulled three of the lane ropes aside and played water polo! I stopped by to say hi, and really had to fight the urge to jump in.

I'm not too bummed though. My 6 year old had his last basketball game of the season at the same time. My boys' time receives priority on the weekends. He scored two baskets to boot!

The weather promises more of the same tomorrow, so I may seek out this super secret legendary 2 hour spinning class at the Y. Its taught by outrageously fit, endurance athlete, Lance. Apparently he rides to the coast of NC on a regular basis just for fun (120 miles). The class is never on the schedule; so its underground, and attended only by triathletes and cyclists. I hope my legs are feeling more normal by tomorrow. On Thursday, I did 2 sets of lunges as part of a weight routine, and that afternoon did a 4.5 mile run. Friday and today, my legs have been screaming. Not the dull ache from a long run, mind you, but the fire burning, walk down the stairs without bending your knees kind of sore. I guess the week off set me up for that.

Have a great Saturday!

5 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Your son sounds pretty good in bball.

I always enjoy a good workout from the gym. Especially the one that make your legs scream.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Batman,

I will do Ironman Canada probably in 2008. We will see after IMUSA :)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Cycling Under The Influence said...

I am really interested in the 2 hour spin. Which Y do you go to and when is that thing?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Battman said...

Jamie,

Kerr YMCA. I just found out about it, but the more I hear its every second Sunday. There is no sign-up since its not on the schedule; you just show up. I hope this helps.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Cycling Under The Influence said...

I have the triangle Y pass so I can go to any of them, but I usually just go to Finley because it is between work and home. I may have to get up there and check it out. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home