Sunday, February 12, 2006

Zeitgeist

OK Folks,

I know all of what they say about training when you get sick, but I'm coming to my own, separate conclusions. My approach for both of them have been totally opposite. I completely trained through the November cold with maybe an afternoon workout missed; even with the antibiotics. This cold, I've been off training for 5 days resting, taking vitamins and thinking good thoughts. Well, I've got another sinus infection. I've never had one in my life until now, so I need to evaluate my training limits, or some other factor because this totally sucks!

On a different note, Friday would have been my father's 67th birthday. He died 5 years ago. He was an interesting guy; incredibly smart engineer (held at least 5 patents); and lived his life like a fraternity party. In the end it was the diabetes and hypertension coupled with fast food twice a day and smoking that overwhelmed him. Along with stroke number 2. I don't miss his habits, but I feel cheated in not having him around as I got older. Needless to say that my monkeys don't have a grandpa. I feel selfish.

I'll close this post with chants of USA! USA! USA! Olympics have been great so far. Bummer about Michelle Kwan pulling out, but its probably the best thing that could have happened. She wasn't going to win; she's competing with girls half her age. Gold was her only answer and failing to medal would have made her a pariah. Now she gets to heal up, do the interviews, enjoy the attention the injury will receive, and then totally cash out with Stars On Ice. She's all set.

Recent iTunes downloads: Pat Travers Band - Boom Boom Out Go the Lights, Eric Johnson_ Cliffs of Dover

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Steven said...

"Boom, Boom, Out go the Lights!" Now there is a real blast from the past! I actually saw those guys in concert in Portland once. They opened for Sammy Hagar when he was the solo Red Rocker and kicking *ss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home