Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Training in Feb

So far in February, training has been light. My tri club ran a time trial last Saturday. I was fairly pleased with the results:

750 yd swim: 15:00 flat

Bike was limited to indoor trainer due to weather, so we all did 1/2 hour.

5K: 23:59

Add the transitions, and my overall time was 1:10:12. The swim has been my biggest area of improvement. In a tri this summer, I did almost 13 minutes for 500 yds, or 6 minutes for 250. My time has dropped to 5 minutes for 250 over the last 6 months. Have I mentioned that I'm a rock?, but I'll take this as an indication that something is working.


I've also been nursing a cold, and have backed way off of training. In November I developed a sinus infection after training through a cold. I want to avoid that this time. My youngest has it too. He woke me up at 3:00 am and promptly threw up.

The half-iron beast has surfaced again (see previous post) in the form of the Duke Liver Half on September 10. My curiosity is too strong to stop me from taking a closer look at the effort required. I'll talk about it with my better 2/3s and get her input.

4 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Great job on the swim--that's a huge improvement! :) Hope you and the little guy feel better soon!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

Great times Batman! It's hard not getting swept up with the big races, isn't it?

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Cycling Under The Influence said...

There is just something that draws us to those long, hard races. The timing of Duke 1/2 was good for me last year because I was able use the whole summer to get the necessary miles in. The course was much tougher than White Lake, but the race seemed easier to me. If you can find the time to train for it, it is well worth it.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

You give rocks like me a new hope in swimming ;)...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home