Monday, January 09, 2006

Mars v. Venus

My wife wants to try a 5K in April; I'm so proud. Some of my insanity must be rubbing off on her. Still, she approaches things in a way that leaves me speechless. I don't know if its a girl/guy thing, but here is a bit of a recent conversation:

Wife: "So, my friend and I are thinking of doing the 5K race."

Batman: "Thats awesome! I look forward to cheering you on as a spectator."

Wife: "I'm not sure if I can do it."

Batman: "You can definitely do a 5K."

Wife: "I hope so, my knees haven't hurt for quite a while, but I still would like to know if I could do it."

Batman: "Don't worry, the 12 week program I downloaded is for first-time runners, and it has you running only 5 minutes out of 30 to start. Besides, you do aerobics 5 days a week. If you start off slow, you'll have no problem."

Wife: "Yeah, but why don't you take the car through the neighborhood and measure 3 miles. I'll run it and see if I can do it."

Batman: silence...

Wife: "What?

Batman: puzzled look...

Wife: "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Batman: "OK, and when I want to do an Ironman, I'll just run one first to try it on for size."

4 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Haha I love that title.

Have you read the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"?

At first I thought the author is making genearl stereotype. Then he goes on decsribing how male and female communicate differently. Oh so true. And oh how I am so frustrated communicating to the other sex when all the time it is just interpret differntly.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Bolder said...

somehow, the caped crusader has escaped my blogroll, ... given today i have action hero with super hero aspirations, it seems to have all come together.

of course, that means you get this stupid comments on your blog.

you win some, you lose some.

take care, bold!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

OH! That was just beautiful!!!

But, I hope you didn't get sent to the couch ;)

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Battman said...

No couch, but she kicked me in the middle of the night. ;-) I did measure a short route that is a mile or slightly less, and she intends to run that.

I think its just two versions of the same conservative. She wants to know before she trains, and I want to train before I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home