Thursday, November 17, 2005

The God's Must Be Crazy

After reading the posts about weather, here's the update from NC. Its not all sunshine and balmy temps in the south. We're in a severe drought this fall. Yesterday, Raleigh implemented stage 2 water restrictions in order increase conservation. Apparently, the city's water supply (Falls Lake) is less that a foot away from an all time low, and if current consumption is not curtailed, it could run out by mid January.

In related news, our local iron distance race, The Blue Devil, was cancelled for 2006. Apparently, they did not get the news that I have started doing tri's. This race was on my radar for the future. Where is the swim leg? Falls Lake, of course. The reason for the cancellation was listed as not enough participants, but the organizers may have had one eye to the skies.

My grass is dead and my car is dirty, but at least I can drink, bathe and swim laps at the Y. Duathlons anyone?

4 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

Yeah I am bummed about the Blue Devil as well. I could seriously ride to the course from my house as a warm-up! Well... a good warm-up, but it's so close it's a shame they won't be holding it anymore.

Ironman Brand: 1
Local Promoter: 0

I kind of feel guilty for choosing Florida.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Battman said...

I know what you mean, but you can't feel bad, when it comes to deciding on significant events, and an ironman certainly qualifies as one, you're a consumer and you're going to choose what works best.

By the way, I think we live in the same area. I pass the new Trek store and BoJos leaving my house too.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Oh good you DO have a blog! Cool, your a pretty good writer - loved your Why I Tri submissions!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

We will have to ride together sometime then! Am I going to be competing with you for a part time job at the Trek store? I really need that employee discount!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home