Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Welcome to the launch of Boy Meets Tri!

My goals are to enjoy triathlon and endurance sports in general and get to know others in blogdome doing the same. First, a little education about the name. I don't think of myself as the superhero (only a cell phone on my belt); it was my radio call sign in the Marine Corps. There were other characters like T-Bone, Sheriff and Sweetroll, and the names were used more than their real names. Eventhough its been a few years, alright thirteen...it still feels like yeserday.

I'm a tri-newbie. I ran my first three races this past summer. Three wasn't the original plan, but after starting "official" training in February, a mid-August race made me impatient. After training for four months, I ran the Mission Man Triathlon (awesome race!) and had a total blast. Funny newbie stories to follow. Four weeks went by and two more races went under the belt, and I was hooked. I've never had more fun doing such an intense thing as triathlon. Its a sight to behold seeing hundreds of people romp all over a course, push past their human limits and smile like kids at Christmas when they're finished (it must be the bagels covered in peanut butter!).

So here I sit typing my thoughts after running five miles today; eagerly awaiting my pool time tomorrow; thinking of my next post; and eating a bagel covered in peanut butter. Life is grand...

Me and my "monkeys" at the UNC Super Sprint in August. This was the original goal race, but as you can see, I'm wearing the Mission Man t-shirt. OK, I know...








Coming in off the bike leg. I was clipping out and wobbled a bit. Its a good thing my wife wasn't in position at the start of the bike; my chain fell off and I almost fell over from pedaling so fast. Thats the "young one" waiting for a high five...I couldn't have better fans.

8 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Hollyfish said...

Welcome to Blogland! The Tri Blog Alliance is a great place to hang out and get inspired and it sounds like you'll be doing a lot of inspiring for us too!! Glad you're here!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger :) said...

Awesome and welcome! You're going to like it here, but be careful, it is a tad addictive (blogging and tri-ing)!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger jp said...

Welcome, welcome. Good luck with the training over the winter.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Battman said...

Thanks everyone for the posts. I look forward to more blog and tri experiences!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Recovering Alumni said...

Welcome! I look forward to reading your blog. :)

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Welcome to the blog world of Tri, Batman

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Holy blog overlaod, Batman!
Welcome to the land of tri blogs. Take off your jacket and stay awhile. You'll like it here.
Later.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

How awesome! Another triathlete in Raleigh and a former Marine to boot. Semper Fi and Happy Birthday Marine! I am meeting up this Saturday with another blogger whom I haven't met yet to ride a 47 mile route called the Creedmoor Loop. You're welcome to join... let me know and I'll e-mail the details. I ran my first tri ever at MCRD San Diego in 1988. The next was Mission Man last year, then again this year. I also ran the UNC Sprint, Kerr Lake and Pinehurst. Mission Man is the best! At UNC I ran into another blogger who I met up with again at Pinehurst. He's giving me his old trainer so I can train for the big race in Florida. Too cool! Anyway, great to have you aboard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home