Thursday, January 05, 2006

Updates and 06 Schedule

Good news! My son's appointment went well, no surgery, but the downer is that he has to live with this mass and deal with episodes of infection and swelling for a long time. Two surgeons would not consider operating, so thats good enough for me.

Early January training is going well, despite the early cold mornings (relatively speaking in NC!). Today the temp is a balmy 60. Assassin Steve continues to drive the swim practices, cycling is split between a weekly ride and spinning; once at work during lunch and the other on the weekends at the Y, and running mainly at lunch at work. I'm also doing a weight routine twice a week. My boss said I'm Forest Gump...running everywhere.

My forward seatpost from Ebay has been installed and although I've ridden only once, it feels like a great purchase. I hope it really transforms my road bike into a tri machine.

The 06 racing schedule is slowly taking shape. It looks like the following:

4/29 Riverwood Sprint
6/4 Kerr Lake Olympic
7/9 Triangle Sprint
7/29 Mission Man Sprint
8/26 Endurance Challenge Sprint
10/7 Pinehurst Olympic

There may be some road races before and after, but they need fit in with soccer season for my two monkeys. This one will be interesting for my oldest, the other coach left, so its just me and nine 10 year olds.

I'll try to include more pics on Boy Meets Tri in the future. Later folks,

4 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger :) said...

9 ten year olds sounds like quite a workout to me!!!! Good luck...

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

Hey! I'm still out here training too... what type of bike do you have? I'm hoping to run Kerr Lake, too. Possibly Triangle, but definitely Mission Man. Hope to see you at one of those races!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Battman said...

Hey THT,

Awesome about the races; we'll definately have to link up for those and training too. I love Mission Man; its a great race. I have a Specialized Allez that I've modified. Since I'm new to this, frugal works for now.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

You and 9 ten year olds?

Sound like an endurance event on its own :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home