Wednesday, February 15, 2006

AM Swim

I have a new swim coach for this portion of the tri club, and her name is Jen. I've told you about assassin Steve, but Jen has yet to earn a nickname. Personally she is nice and sweet, but as a coach she is tough. Today's workout consisted of 1200 warm up (400 swim, 400 kick and 400 pull), then 5 X 500 (first, third and 5th 500 was breathe every 5 strokes on the odd 100s and breathe every 3 strokes on the even 100s). Second and fourth 500 was swim 75 then sprint 25 choice.

After my slow warm up, I only got 2 500s in before I had to leave (45 minutes total), but I plan on doing this entire workout this weekend. It was a killer and more than once I got a mouth full of water instead of air. Another thing I noticed by breathing less often was how much my hips dropped when rolling to breathe. I was able to concentrate on maintaining a straight line.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Steven said...

Wow. She dumps on the yardage, doesn't she? I breathe every 3rd, and have read/heard that going every 5th is not much of a benefit. Why does she have you doing that?

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Battman said...

To build lung volume, and I've noticed an improvement in and out of the water. We typically don't do these every day. Also there's another coach for our Saturday workout who gave us a set of 200s where we were to try and not breathe in between the flags. That was tough...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home