Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Freud Where Are You?

Last night I dreamt I was in an olympic distance tri. While on the bike leg, my bike suddenly grew until I was high enough to see the entire course. I was flying past everyone, screaming up and down hills; it was very cool. I usually don't have dreams that I remember; they fade as soon as I wake up, so this must be different. But, what does it mean?

I blew off my run clinic yesterday morning and ran last night. I don't like running at night; not sure why. Maybe because all of my cold weather gear is black and I'm worried about not being seen. While getting ready my wife said I looked like a cat burglar.

The family schedule on Sunday left me with no choice but to put off the underground spin class. It will remain a myth for another two weeks. I was able to get in a 2600 yd swim. After a 600 yd warm-up, I did 10 x 200s (3rd 50 in each 200 breathing every 5 strokes, all else breathe every 3). I was tired at the end. Overcoming the panic to breathe near the end of the 3rd 50 was a challenge, and according to Jen it will pay dividends.

I did a quick weight session this morning and I have lunch-time spin class at work with Stanly. He's a dynamic trainer and does a good class. The weather is cooperating (highs in the 50s to low 60s) and a southern spring is right around the corner. Later y'all.

Recent itunes downloads: She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult, Get your Geek On #5 - Tri-Geek Kahuna & Iron Wil. (great stuff!)

7 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Hollyfish said...

I've had dreams like that before!! Except mine are usually running dreams where I can run faster than anyone else out there and I don't get winded or tired. It's FUN to dream like that. When my brother was 5, he dreamed he could ride a bike and the next day he went out and did it. Maybe this means you will dominate the next bike race you're in!!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Great job on the swim! Dreams are so fascinating. I'm still trying to figure out what the goats that blocked me from getting to the pool signified from my dream a few weeks ago. ha ha :)

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Excellent swimming. As for the dream...who knows. Maybe your subconscious knows you are getting bigger and stronger so your bike needs to as well!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

Why is that cold weather gear is predominantly black? Do they not realize it's mostly cold in the winter when there is less light? It's like they want us to buy the orange road vests!

As for the dreams, I'm with trisaratops, mine are usually strange. No simple flying or falling or naked in front of an audience dreams for me.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Battman said...

I hope you all are right and that the dream is nothing but positive thoughts from the basement of my mind. I can't wait to see what it will spit out if the half-iron plan comes to pass!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

Good dream :). Most of my dream I am flying around...or trying to fly but just float above the ground. It is really weird.

:) All my winter gears are black as well :D. I only got a neon vest on so cars don't hit me ...err i mean.they have a nice bullside to aim at ;D

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Wow, you're getting to be quite the fishie!

And you know what, please email me your phone # so we can get you on the show for surprise a triathlete! That is, if you'd like to be on the show ;) ???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home