Monday, August 07, 2006

Training Highlights

I started the weekend right with a 1' 20'' run on Friday night. The temp was a sultry 87 degrees at 8pm, but that is summer in the south folks. I had a gel after mile three and cytomax throughout with no stomach upset. Worries are starting to subside about the half-iron nutrition plan; as long as I save the black bean salsa for the post race party! What to eat for solid food is still a concern. Without it I will be starving during the 6 hour endurance party. I thought of cereal bars; low in fiber; small enough with enough carbs, and if eaten during the bike leg, they should be OK for the run.

I bought a new saddle last week hoping to ease some discomfort in my left leg. After about an hour of pedaling in the aero; I get a pain that starts under my left "sit bone" and travels down to the knee. My stock saddle has a channel running down the middle; and I think the edge of the channel is rubbing on a nerve. This will be a good experiment; but I need to get it right soon, or the highlight of my racing season could turn out to be 3 hours of torture.

This week will see a long run mid-week and long bike this weekend. I may go to the course and do some advance recon; but the jury is still out (haven't confirmed with my better 2/3rds yet).

Later,

2 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Steven said...

Go with a PB&J for race day chow! It works.

And be careful with the saddle issue you seem to be having. That is not an area that you want any issues with.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Battman said...

Love the PBJ! I will definitely give it a shot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home