Friday, May 19, 2006

Fish Out of Water

Swimming at the Y has been difficult the last two days. I struggled out out of bed at 5am Thursday morning only to have the lifeguards not show. No guards, no swim; simple as that. My gear was not prepared for a bike or run, so I went home and had a cup of coffee. This morning saw the same 5am wake-up, and the lifeguards were ready, but apparently the pool was not; it was closed for repairs. Once again, I did not prepare my gear for a bike or a run, so I went home and had a cup of coffee. The bottom line is lots of coffee and no swimming make Batman nervous and cranky. Especially since my first olympic tri is 15 days away. Sunday I'm going for an open water swim...

On a less cranky note, yesterday my company's wellness department hosted a trail 5K. I did it in 23:10, or 7:27/mile. My times are coming down, and the outlook for this season is positive. The Mission Man sprint in July is the only repeat from last year, so that time will be apples to apples.

Next week, the boys will be at camp together, and my wife and I will be on vacation. There will be many workout opportunities as well and eating and drinking. I hope I don't everdo it, but if it happens, oh well. Have fun everyone.

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Grrrr...that really woulda ticked me off! Sounds like you are more patient than I am at 5am. :) Great run!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

I think Kerr Lake then Mission Man is a good set up. I did that last year and improved drastically at Mission Man as I'm sure you will. Nothing like beating down a course you've already raced on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home