Monday, April 24, 2006

Lovin' It

Well folks,

Training is going great. Last week's volume was 10 hours, a little less than the plan, but still good. Sunday's long ride was great; hills all over the place; 35 miles in 2 hours.

The Riverwood sprint is five days away, and the gear checklist is being reviewed daily. I'm pumped! Mom will be in town to attend my festivities and the boys soccer games later in the day, so we'll have to go straight from the race to the first game. Now, I'm not a show-off, but a part of me enjoys it when the other parents ask why I have writing all over my leg. I get to explain the whole tri thing. Its fun.

The family is getting used to my longer Sunday rides, sort of. The boys were crazy yesterday, and my wife had a time dealing with them; but the resulting conversation is funny...now.

Batman: How was everyone while I was gone?

Wife: (agitated) They were crazy. Didn't you take your cell phone with you?

Batman: Yes...

Wife: (more agitated) Didn't you hear me call you?

Batman: No...

Wife: Well, why do you take your cell phone if I can't call you?

Batman: (Silence...)

Wife: What?

Batman: (jaw dropping) The phone is for my safety, in case I get a flat and need a ride home. I can't answer it while I'm riding.

Wife: (joking) Well, if you don't pick up when I call, I'm not coming to get you.

Batman: I'll remember that the next time I'm screaming downhill at 35 mph and the phone rings.

So the next time you see a cyclist cranking uphill, yelling into a cell phone for someone not to hit his brother or take his Yu-Gi-Oh cards, chances are it will be me.

3 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger :) said...

Too Funny!!!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

That's a Pandora's Box if I ever heard one... if I started answering the phone I'd probably wind up doing the grocery shopping on the way home!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Steven said...

Funny.
My wife has learned not to call me when on the bike - I CANNOT hear it. But I take it in case of a crash. Not so much for a flat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home