Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ramblings

Wow folks,

This has been a busy stretch. A recovery week is supposed to be peaceful, but mine has been anything but that. Work continues to intrude on my personal space, so I've had to give it some attention. I set up a surprise Mother's Day party for mine and a few other wives this past weekend. My oldest son was sent off to camp for two weeks; the young one will follow on Monday for a week. In the midst of it all, training has found a small but welcome spot.

Kerr Lake is just 19 days away. It will be my first olympic race, and I can't wait. I've been thinking more about nutrition during the race, which is a new thing. I've been incorporating more sports drinks in place of straight water during my regular training. Gels are another story. Staying ahead of my dog has been tough; he goes into my gym bag and eats them when I'm asleep. No wonder he's so full of energy in the morning. This week officially starts the "Peak" period according to Friel. It consists of more intense/less duration sessions and more brick workouts.

At the swim workouts with Assassin Steve we have been using more fins. It has really made a difference in my kick. Now that my lower body is actually doing something, my entire body is in a better position. So, I'm becoming a more streamlined rock!

I would like to say a formal congratulations to all that rocked the White Lake Half Iron. I enjoyed reading the reports; they were incredibly inspiring (and funny).

6 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

So jealous you are already tri-ing! It's still a bit chilly up here. Good luck in the race! What gels do you use? I really like Hammer Gels, Clif Shots, and Gu--but only the chocolate or raspberry of each! I know, I'm weird.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

Ahhh... dogs. Gotta love 'em. Kerr Lake is going to be a great race for you. I'll have to check out the course maps and give you a little recon of the course from what I remember.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Battman said...

I've mostly used Hammergels because they come as free swag in race packets.

THT, I definitely want to hear about your experience on the course. I like its description in the Endurance Mag, "Flat, fast and beginner friendly"

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Cliff said...

You get free gel from tri races? Nice.

Streamlined rock.. :)..i like that term.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Battman said...

Yet another reason to move south Cliff...

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Batman,

Me and my friends were just looking at some of my old post. Remember the post where u say "take this tri thing as far as you can"....great post Batman.

Have fun in Kerr Lake :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home