Thursday, May 04, 2006

Race Report: Riverwood Sprint


After a cold morning, the race-day temperature warmed to the low 70s'. The swim was 300yds and I finished breathing heavy, but not destroyed. The bike was a great course; mostly flat with small rollers. Others said there was a big hill near the finish, but they must have confused it with the run. The last 3/4s of a mile went uphill in various levels of pain. It went from "Wow, I can't catch my breath" steep to "Mommy make it stop" steep.

My times were: swim(300yds): 5:47 T1: 1:20 bike(20K): 39:51 T2: 1:03 run(5K): 24:42 overall: 1:12:42

I'll take it. Base training with the club at the Y paid off. I gave my wife a huge hug and "thank you" for being a partner to my insanity. It was Mom's first experience at a triathlon, and after crossing the finish line, I said to her, "So, this is my new hobbby!" Next up, Kerr Lake Olympic...can't wait!

5 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

Good race and you look like you are in some serious shape!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Great job!!!!! Awesome way to start the season!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Holy Batman..u are huge :0..good race.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Nice job, Batman.
"Mommy, make it stop" was funny!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Battman said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. My job lately has defined a whole new meaning of busy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home