Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Fall in NC

I love autumn in NC. The days are still warm, and the evenings are cool. My taper run last evening was awesome; 3.5 miles in 29 minutes. I swam this morning and will spin at lunch today. This is in preparation for the Pinehurst Oly this weekend. Goal times are 25 min swim; 1:20 bike and 45 min 10K. It will be great to break 2:30, but I'll be satisfied with 2:40.

This is a reflective time of year. My second tri season is coming to an end, and there are accomplishments to go around. I did my first ever Oly and HIM races, and knocked 15 minutes off my sprint time. My boys got interested in tri's, finished their first race, and we're doing a kids adventure race together on the 21st. My wife just finished her second 5K, and made some strong friendships; her "Sole Sisters" as she calls them.

Am I fortunate? Yes. I chose this lifestyle, however, so the results are even more satisfying than just mere numbers. My family shares common experiences and supports one another, which go beyond typical parent/child relationships, and bottom line, we have fun. So, this season has been great on many levels and its been balanced. I'm not that eager to take my own tri experience to the next level because it may upset that balance. So, next year will be a grand journey like this one was, and I think I'll be happy with wherever I (we) end up. Is this a great sport or what...

5 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Steven said...

Best of luck this weekend! Go rock that Oly.

And yes, this is a great sport.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Sounds great! How fun that the whole family is into it. Have a great race this weekend!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

That's awesome that everything fits so well together. Good luck at Pinehurst! You'll love it!

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Batman,

U knocked off 15 mins from your sprint??!? Speedy.

Sole sisters...oh that's a good one.

This may sound nuts..but i think if u keep it the balance u have right now, u will automatically rise to the next level...

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger getwell said...

Glad you had a great season, especially since all your family posse are getting involved. Hope I can do the same for 2007 and involve my kids as well. Nice blog, BTW. Keep on trainin'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home