Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yogataper

I've been doing yoga lately, and I think its pretty cool. Its not the most masculine of sports disciplines, but neither are spandex shorts, and I seem to have plenty of them. I'm not into the whole meditation thing, just a good stretch/workout.

The taper is going fine. I have to cut back on coffee because I have too much energy. I just downloaded the official race information sheet http://www.set-upinc.com/rp5/duke/duke.shtml I can't tell you how pumped I am to finally try a longer race; a little nervous, but that is good. I'm also excited to see others attempt their first iron distance race. Go IronWil and TriSaraTops!

Other news over the weekend saw my better 2/3rds finally buy her own bike. We went to LBS and she found one she liked, and it was on sale to boot. Not wanting to spoil the moment, I said, "She'll take it!" She looked at me in complete surprise. "Why wait?", I said. After a superficial protest, she picked out her helmet, and we were on our way. We can now ride as a family, which is very cool.