Monday, September 18, 2006

Trick or Treat


My birthday is coming up, and I'm deciding what to get myself. Everyone turning 40 should buy themselves a present. The decision is between 1) tricking out my current Specialized road frame with a newer, faster wheelset, or 2) treating myself to a brand new Cervelo, Equinox, etc. I can't decide. Buying the wheels means I can ride even faster in groups when not doing tri's, but on the other hand, a new bike??? Whatever the decision, the cycling skill have to match the ride; speed is earned.

5 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger KBGee said...

For what its worth, I think you should go for the bike. Nothing motivates me to trainer harder/smarter more than new stuff, even if is just a new pair of running shoes. BTW, Happy Birthday.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Steven said...

I think the Big Four Oh calls for a new bike! A landmark event in one's life needs to be remembered correctly and a new carbon ride would fit the bill nicely!

Congrats on joing the next age group!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

Heck ya, go for the Bike, course I have an ol` tanker road bike so I'd go for the new bike, imo..
Either way, Happy Birthday, its never over the hill..

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Cliff said...

Batman,

Your comment is always welcome. You are right, if I don't dig deep, I would have given up already.

I would say get the bike.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Battman said...

Thanks for the feedback. Now I can tell my wife, "See, I have to get it now!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home